Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Can you read this?

So I got a public notice sent out by Aetna in the mail yesterday, and this is what is said word for word:

IMPORTANT: Can you read this letter?  If not, we can have somebody help you read it.  You may also be able to get this letter written in your language.  For free help, please call right away at
1-877-287-0117.

Now, I need some help here, because I can't decide if this is completely idiotic, kind of hilarious or super insulting (though I guess those who'd be insulted by it would really have no way of knowing ).  And I can't tell if this is legitimately taking a stand against illiteracy or if it's just a really cruel joke meant to make A-holes like me laugh out loud when they see it.  In any case, I would encourage all of you to call the above telephone number and start screaming frantically "I just got your letter and found out I can't reeeead!!!"
Also, I apologize to anyone that this post may have offended... that is, if you can read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment