Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Whoever smelt it created this revolution in their minds

I usually shy away from political commentary. Mostly because I find it endangering to your credibility as writer to tackle subjects on which you are utterly unqualified and uninformed. I'll stick to poop jokes and figuring out what kind of person you are based on your favorite Ninja Turtle, thank you very much.
But this one was too rich to resist, even for someone who has legally tested as politically retarded.
I can't be the only one who thought this was Carlos Santana
Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi has resorted to the "I have no idea what you're talking about" defense. When interviewed by ABC News regarding the current political unrest in Libya (I'll tell ya what's in unrest, my wallet over these hiked up gas prices. HAYOOO!), Gadhafi simply replied "Nah, that's not happening." Despite a MASSIVE amount of video evidence that suggests otherwise, he stuck steadfastly to his story, insisting there have been NO demonstrations against him and added "My people love me."
If you're running that interview, what do you say to that? How thrown are you by this man's astounding gall? I mean, his insistent denial of what is undeniably fact has got to put a real kink in your line of questioning. It's basically like when you're in a car with one other person and a hot fart-stink rises amongst you. Now, you know you didn't fart, and your traveling mate's response is "I don't smell anything at all," even though there are tears running down their face and the air in the car has turned a musty tint of green. Yeah, it's basically like that, times a billion.
I honestly don't know what my overall point is here. I guess I kind of just wanted to point out the sheer balls it takes to straight up deny impending revolution. So say what you will about Moammar Gadhafi, but the kid's got moxie.

No comments:

Post a Comment