Wednesday, February 16, 2011

There's a valet conspiracy afoot

While out for a late Valentine's Day dinner last night, I noticed something odd about the ticket the valet handed me. The front was completely normal, showing the company's name and contact information, as well as liability rules and a stub number. The back however, seemed a bit odd...


I'm sorry, what?
Has this company been running into this situation often enough to warrant laying it out for us like that? I find it hard to imagine that anyone whose vehicle was valet parked during an earthquake decided to pin the whole mess on them; "Well, what the hell am I paying you six dollars for if I'm not covered when my car falls into a massive chasm that opens in the earth's surface?!"
Seeing as how that seems pretty unlikely (though people have sued McDonald's for serving hot coffee), it got me wondering, why exactly would a company be so compelled to put this out there? It seems suspicious really. It's like the little kid who says "I didn't do it" before anyone even asks. 
What if that's what this is? What if in an effort to free themselves from responsibility this company has done the exact opposite, and given the initial clue in an investigation that will eventually reveal the valet industry has actually been responsible for each and every natural disaster of the last 100 years? 
I don't know why. And I don't know how. All I know is I have never trusted valets, and I'm going with my gut on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment